God made burgers on a day when people were all feeling sad and he wanted to cheer everyone up. #NotATrueStory but it certainly feel like it is. Just like my friend Pita, I can never say no to a good burger. That’s why we only had one answer to Hard Rock Café’s invitation to check out the World Burger Tour‘s stop in KL – hell, yes!
We got to try the Hollywood Burger that day and I was pretty impressed by it. You get a thick, juicy, Certified Angus Beef patty, with caramelised shallots, garlic aioli, arugula, a slice of tomato, and brie. Yes, brie.
I think that’s where they really got me. It’s like someone WhatsApped them with my weakness.
All of those things were enveloped by buns that were quite thick. I didn’t get to finish them off cos it ended up being too heavy for me. Fair warning: Please be hungry before ordering this. If not, bring a husband for back up.
You can order the Hollywood Burger from the first of June up to the end of July. There will be other special burgers on the menu as well! Created by chefs from their local cafés all over the world, these burgers were picked out of the 160 creations and were dubbed as the headliners of the World Burger Tour. 😉
- Big Little Italy Burger – (New York, United States) – a Certified Angus Beef patty topped with melted Mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, pizza sauce and sautéed mushrooms
- Golden Gate Burger (San Francisco, United States) – a Certified Angus Beef patty topped with sliced salami, grilled onions, Swiss cheese, pickles and thousand island dressing, served on a sourdough bread
- Hollywood Burger (Los Angeles, United States) – a Certified Angus Beef patty topped with Brie cheese, caramelized shallots and garlic aioli
- Korean Kimchi Burger (Busan, Korea) – a Certified Angus Beef patty topped with Sriracha-seasoned kimchi, bulgogi sauce, fresh tomato, lettuce and Sriracha mayonnaise
- When in Rome Burger (Rome, Italy) – a Certified Angus Beef patty topped with ricotta cheese, sundried tomatoes, Italian pancetta and Sriracha mayonnaise
- Greek Burger (Athens, Greece) – a Certified Angus Beef patty topped with arugula, feta cheese and a tomato slice
- Tango Salsa Burger (Buenos Aires, Argentina) – a Certified Angus Beef patty topped with andouille sausage, Monterey Jack cheese, chips de batata, a fried egg, salsa criolla and garlic aioli
- English Breakfast Burger (London, England) – a Certified Angus Beef patty topped with sliced ham, a sausage patty, a fried egg, a portobello mushroom, arugula and garlic aioli, served with a side of baked beans
Spot any favourites so far? Plan your orders ahead of time! They’re also serving special cocktails as part of the limited-time menu. Because really – what else goes better with a burger other than alcohol? For those who don’t/can’t drink, no worries. They’re also serving a mocktail!
- All Jacked Up – a mix of Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum, pineapple juice, Orgeat and lime juice, garnished with orange and pineapple wedges and a cherry
- Crisp Sipper – a mix of Hendrick’s, Monin Cucumber, lemon, orange and raspberry, topped with tonic and garnished with rosemary and thyme
- Melonpalooza – a mix of Midori Melon Liqueur, Malibu Rum, Hard Rock’s house-made sour mix and pineapple juice, garnished with slices of pineapple and strawberry
- Sweet & Fiery – a mix of ABSOLUT Peppar Vodka, Canton Ginger Liquor, Blue Curacao, lemonade and ginger beer, garnished with a red pepper
- Black Cherry Melonade (non-alcoholic) – this mocktail features a mix of Black Cherry Real and Monin Cucumber, topped with ginger beer, garnished with a cucumber slice and a cherry
There you have it. Make sure to drop by Hard Rock Café between the 1st of June till the 31st of July if you want to try these limited-time offerings. Let me know how it goes and which ones are your faves!
Address: Ground Floor, Wisma Concorde, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Phone:+60 3-2715 5555
Hours: Open Everyday, 11:30AM–2AM
*Review was made upon invitation of the establishment