Though I’m a huge lover of Marvel, going to the advance screening of The Avengers: Age of Ultron wasn’t in the plan last Wednesday. But thanks to my friends Ella and Mira plus the Watsons Malaysia team, I ended up going! Even Alvin made it despite the looong hours at the office these days due to the ASEAN Summit. He made it just minutes before the movie started! Whew!
I love movie premieres and advance screenings as usually, there’s a lot of fun things to do prior to actually watching the movie. Cocktails, a fun programme, etc. And of course, since it’s an Avengers screening, some of the “cast” members were there. Well, not exactly Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, and the gang. But you catch my drift. 😉
I wouldn’t want to miss taking a photo with the Avengers. 😉 Once again, thanks to my friend Miriam for being ready with her awesome camera. :-*
Since I’m a huge fan of Iron Man, a selfie with just the two of us was in order. I’m pretty sweet like that. 😉
But here’s where this post gets interesting.
Did you know that you and a friend can re-live scenes from the movie in the exact locations where they were filmed and learn more about the making of movie itself in the studios that brought it to life through special effects?
Watsons Malaysia is giving away 4 pairs of tickets to – Seoul, West Hollywood, the Italian Alps, and New York.
In each place, you’ll also get to visit a place that’s quite significant in the making of The Avengers: The Age of Ultron – You get to see the filming locations in Seoul and the Italian Alps, take a tour of Legacy Effects in West Hollywood or go to the 2015 New York Comic Con!
All you have to do is get yourselves a limited edition The Avengers: Age of Ultron Watsons Card (which also functions as a Touch N’ Go card!) for RM20. If you’re already a Watsons Member card holder like myself, you can also upgrade your card. 😉
Really – who doesn’t want a card that has the Avengers on it? Who?! I’m upgrading my card tomorrow as obviously, I want that trip to New York for Comic Con! It would be a dream come true if I get to go and I can get my geek on! 😀
And in case you haven’t seen the movie yet… Well, you should! It’s packed with action and witty lines per usual. It’s also very pleasing to fans like myself and to the true-blue Marvel geeks as well (unless you’re a nitpicky geek/fan then nothing would ever be good enough. Lol!)!
From the top of my head:
- The Hulk vs. The Hulkbuster – Come on. Who wouldn’t love that fight scene? Granted, it was pretty long but it’s actually a delight! Especially that KO punch in the end.
- Ultron – ‘Nuff said.
- The dialogue – Marvel movies always deliver the wittiest exchanges that keeps me laughing throughout the movie.
- The Falcon’s New Costume – Is so badass. After that bland get up shown in Captain America: Winter Soldier, I didn’t have my hopes up for this guy. Good thing they made an impressive turn around in this movie!
- When The Vision was able to weild Mjolnir – The look on Cap and Tony’s faces? Priceless!
- Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch – I dunno about you guys but I love how they were brought to life and I’m pretty good with Scarlet Witch forgoing the headgear. Also, I’m still hoping that we still see Quicksilver in the next movie even though that’s kind of a long shot. :'(
My only pet peeve? Not hearing the “Avengers, Assemble!” line throughout the movie. Captain America was about to say it in the end but was cut off! Guess we’ll have to wait for Avengers: Infinity War for that.
There you go, folks! What are you going to do first thing tomorrow? Get the limited edition The Avengers: Age of Ultron Watsons Card! Or not. Maybe that will increase my chances of winning!
Just kidding. 😉